Thursday, January 14, 2010

For the love of Granola

Easy Organic Granola

Mix together

3 Cups organic thick cut rolled oats

1 Cup organic oat flour (I make my own by putting 1 cup of the rolled oat in my Vita Mix with the dry blade and mixing)

1/4 - 1/2 Cup organic sunflower seeds

Mix together in another bowl

1/2 Cup expelled organic coconut oil

1/2 Cup raw honey

1/4 Cup hot tap water, hot water helps melt the honey because we don't want to destroy all that good honey with microwaves

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Pour oil, honey mixture over dry mixture, mix together.

Bake in 250 degree oven for one hour stiring every 15 minutes.

Add raisin or cranberries and seeds can be replaced by nuts if you like.

Total goodness.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Yum!

    Thanks for visiting my blog today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been getting the best granola recipes lately. This sounds great! I have one for granola bars/patties... I'll be posting on my blog soon, if you are interested in another one.

    I'll be sure to try this. Granola is almost like butter or cheese for me.......hard for me to get tired of it!

    ReplyDelete